Monday, May 27, 2013

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan - A Retrospective

KHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNN!   KHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!  KKKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!

Walter Koenig as Chekov.
Public Domain Image.
Had to get that out of my system.  I been rewatching the whole Startrek Series in canon Timeline and I got to "Wrath of Khan" last night. Probably one more painful points in the series for me.

Growing up, I was a lot like Spock. I had a hard time fitting in and I was rather logical. (Still am today,  I can just compensate better.) So watching Spock die was as about the same as watching Optimus Prime die.

"Wrath of Khan" wraps up the eugenics wars time arc and the crew of the Botany Bay. Kirk leaves Khan and his crew on  Ceti Alpha V. Well there was a problem, Ceti Alpha V turned into a hellscape desert planet.

My only problem with the movie is how they use this fact in the movie.



Commander Chekov and Captain Terrell confuse it for Ceti Alpha VI (Six). How in the wide wide world of sports can then make the mistake? They are in a in a charted region of space and have the computer to tell them where they are.

Did they forget to look at computer for the first time in forever?  Honestly though, this is the only black mark in a perfect movie for me.

I still cry at the ending though. It is honestly like watching my own death. I just hope when it is my time I go out like a hero. When I saw the extended trailer to "Into Darkness," I freaked out. To even tease about about killing Spock again is just wretched.

At least there is a chance Spock will survive: Joss Whedon isn't directing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    A.) Love the blog!

    B.) New follower here :D

    C.) Getting back to you on the 3 Ups blog hop! Your "Upee" is Rebeccah Giltrow. Her address is: http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thanks again for participating :D

    ReplyDelete